Projects

Activities: Design Construction supervision
Region:
Status:
Project period:
  


Western High Speed Diameter (WHSD) Western High Speed Diameter (WHSD)

Description

WHSD is the first urban toll expressway in St. Petersburg, 46.6 km in length, which comprises a great number of complex engineering structures. The road links the southern and western city districts with the Ring Road, Vasilievsky Island in the center and the Scandinavia highway in the north, and has improved accessibility of the main transport hubs — Pulkovo Airport, the port of St. Petersburg and the Marine Façade passenger terminal. The new expressway has reduced travel times in some city areas by 50-70%.

WHSD features the second and the third longest bridge structures in Russia — Southern mainline flyover with the bridges over the Sea Channel and Korabelny Fairway, 9378 m long, and Northern mainline flyover with the bridges over Petrovsky Fairway and Elagin Fairway, 8794 m long.

 
Bridge crossing over the Irtysh River Bridge crossing over the Irtysh River

Description

The new road section with a bridge crossing over the Irtysh River links two roads (Pavlodar — Aksu and Omsk — Pavlodar — Maykapshaygay) and is part of the Centre — East Transport Corridor. The new bridge has become a landmark of the transit route from the Central Kazakhstan to Russia.

One of the main Stroyproekt’s tasks was to optimize the previously adopted design solutions. Implementation of net arches allowed reducing the section of bearing structural elements as compared to traditional arches with vertical suspenders. This gave significant cost savings due to reduction of material quantities, in particular, steel demand decreased by 5.5 thousand tons. 

 
Small Bridges in the Historical Centre of St. Petersburg: Review Small Bridges in the Historical Centre of St. Petersburg: Review

In the mid-1990s Institute Stroyproekt developed its first designs for rehabilitation and overhaul of historical bridges in the city centre. Since then Stroyproekt has often dealt with cultural and historical heritage monuments of the Northern Capital and this experience is extremely valuable for the company.
 
Troitsky Bridge in St. Petersburg Troitsky Bridge in St. Petersburg

Description

The project was designed to rehabilitate the drawbridge over the Neva River built in 1903 to commemorate the 200th anniversary of St. Petersburg. Troitsky Bridge being a complex engineering structure with a distinguished Art Nouveau architectural decoration is the city’s heritage site.

The rehabilitation project envisaged ensuring high performance characteristics of the bridge while preserving its historical appearance. Some décor elements (railings, candelabra, etc.) were restored to the original sketches. Moreover, the unique method of ‘steel healing’ developed by Stroyproekt and Research Institute of Bridges allowed maintaining the original trough steel elements as left-in-place deck formwork.

 
Bridges of the State Palace of Congresses in Strelna Bridges of the State Palace of Congresses in Strelna

The project included restoration of a palace and park complex in Strelna and development of the State Palace of Congresses as a seaside residence of the Russian President.  The project schedule was extremely tight since the works had to be completed by the celebration of the city’s 300th anniversary.
 
Interchange at Pirogovskaya Embankment in St. Petersburg Interchange at Pirogovskaya Embankment in St. Petersburg

Description

Pirogovskaya Embankment is located in the northern part of St. Petersburg on the right bank of the Big Neva and the Big Nevka rivers. The interchange, which comprises an underpass and four right-turn ramps, forms a single transport node with the interchange at the approach to Liteiny Bridge. The total length of rehabilitated embankment sections is 854 m.

The new traffic interchange, which was opened to traffic on 27 May 2013, the city’s 310th anniversary, improved traffic links between the northwestern and central districts of the city.

 
Bridge to Russky Island Bridge to Russky Island

Description

Russky bridge links Russky Island in the Sea of Japan with the mainland of Russian Far East. It is a cable-stayed bridge with the record-breaking main span of 1104 m, which was built within the preparation to the APEC summit held in Vladivostok in 2012. Construction of the bridge is a part of the federal programme aimed at facilitating the development of Vladivostok to make it become an international cooperation centre of the Asia-Pacific.

Stroyproekt Engineering Group carried out construction supervision of the project.

 
Traffic Junction at the Right-Bank Ramp of Liteiny Bridge across the Neva River Traffic Junction at the Right-Bank Ramp of Liteiny Bridge across the Neva River

Under Liteiny Bridge a new 2-lane tunnel with a 2-m wide sidewalk has been built to improve transit traffic flow from Pirogovskaya Embankment to Arsenalnaya Embankment.
 
Rehabilitation of Dvortsovy Bridge over the Neva River Rehabilitation of Dvortsovy Bridge over the Neva River

Description

Dvortsovy Bridge (built in 1916) is a national heritage site and one of the symbols of St. Petersburg. It connects the city centre with Vasilievsky Island.

In the beginning of XXI century, the bridge needed an urgent major overhaul. The rehabilitation project started in 2012. It included upgrade of the draw span equipment, installation of a new hydraulic system, strengthening of the deck steelworks and replacement of the bridge floor, while the bridge appearance, its height, and outline dimensions were preserved. During construction works, the traffic on the bridge did not stop.

 
Blagoveschensky Bridge Rehabilitation Blagoveschensky Bridge Rehabilitation

Description

The project envisaged the rehabilitation of the first drawbridge over the Neva River built in 1850 to the design of engineer Stanislaw Kierbedz and reconstructed in the 1930s to the design of Grigory Peredery.

The rehabilitation included replacement of the decks, extension of the draw span, dismantling of the tram rails and installation of the central reservation. The bridge was widened to 37 m and equipped with automatic barriers to stop traffic when the bridge is drawn.

During rehabilitation works, the bridge was restored to its original appearance and soon received back its original name. 

 

Pages: 1 2 3 Next All