Barnaul By-pass with the Bridge over the Ob River

Barnaul By-pass with the Bridge over the Ob River

Barnaul / Altai Region
Project period: 2016 – Present
General Designer: AO Institute Stroyproekt
Client: Altai Regional Road Agency


The proposed 62,8 km road section is situated in the city of Barnaul and in Pervomaisky, Pavlovsky and Kalmansky Districts of Altai Krai. The new half-ring road will link two federal motorways R-322 (Barnaul - the border with Kazakhstan) and R-256 (Chuisky Trakt) and will be connected to the P-380 regional road (Pavlovsky Trakt).

The forecast traffic is 14,440 – 24,990 vehicles a day. In the average traffic flow, the share of cars will be 80% while freight trucks and busses will take the remaining 20%.

The project will be implemented in 3 phases:
Phase 1: a 41km-long section from Rubtsovsk highway to Chuisky Trakt to be operated as a toll road, including the Ob River bridge crossing with the total length of engineering structures of over 6 km;
Phase 2: a 27km-long section from Pavlovsky Trakt to Rubtsovsk Trakt, including three traffic interchanges and 750 m of engineering structures - overpasses and bridges across small rivers.
Phase 3: construction of the road maintenance station. This investment project will be implemented under a Concession Agreement.

The new highway is designed to improve the transport situation in the administrative centre of Altai Krai. Nowadays all transit traffic passes through the city which results in road congestion, rapid wear of pavement, higher costs of freight and passenger transportation and environmental degradation.  
Altai Krai is a transport corridor linking Kazakhstan and Central Asian States with Western and Eastern Siberia. The attraction area of the new road covers Central Asia, Kazakhstan, the cities of Krasnoyarsk and Irkutsk in Eastern Siberia and Kemerovo, Novosibirsk, Tomsk and other cities of Western Siberia.

Main parameters of the proposed road:
Road length:   62,8 km
Road Category:   1B
Number of lanes:   4
Bridges and overpasses:  25
Traffic interchanges:   5
Design speed:   100 km/h
The Project will be implemented based on a PPP scheme.






 

Возврат к списку