Samara Region (new construction)
Project period: 2011 –
General Designer: Institute Proektmostreconstructsia LLC
Client: Federal Highway Agency Motor Roads Directorate Great Volga
The overpass located in Samara Region (Zhigulevsk town) at section 958+182 km –960+743 km of M-5 Ural Federal Motorway (Moscow - Chelyabinsk). This road section was classed as an I-B road.
- a separate deck in each traffic directions;
- a continuous deck with expansion joints and continuous composite deck;
- span layout for both directions: 15.0+7×33.0+42.0+66.0+42.0 m;
- the continuous deck is composed of precast prestressed reinforced concrete beams connected with expansion joints (15.0+7x33.0 m);
- the continuous composite deck of individual design (42+66+42 m);
- the carriageway is 2 x 11.5 m; service walkways are 2 x 0.75 m.
In plan the overpass located on a straight line and crossed the railways at an angle of 60°. In profile it was located on a straight line with longitudinal inclination of 5.0 ‰.
It was planned to construct the overpass fr om the right side of existing road.
Proektmostorekonstruktsia developed the design of the overpass and also carried out an engineering survey of the road section wh ere the overpass would be built. Besides, the company developed a design for relocation of the existing overhead and underground utility systems.
In December 2013 the design was approved by the State Expertise Authority.